Residential and small business customers will benefit from lower electricity prices and an optional green energy program when their municipalities join our bundled electricity program.
Customers of National Grid and WMECO are paying for both Delivery Services (from the big power lines all the way to the actual home or commercial building), and Supply Services (which is the actual electricity itself). They are listed separately on the bill. In the Municipal Aggregation program, the Hampshire Council will arrange the Supply Services only, while National Grid and WMECO continue all of the Delivery Services. Customers have a legal right to opt-out of the program. All costs of the program are paid by the Hampshire Council; it has no impact on municipal budgets.
The program includes 49 communities and encompasses over 220,000 people. That's Buying Power! We are excited to welcome our newest member, the Town of Ludlow. "We are excited to join this program and look forward to working together." - Ellie Villano, Ludlow Town Administrator.
The following towns and cities have completed all of the approvals required to participate in our Municipal Aggregation program:
- Berkshire County: Egremont, Great Barrington, Washington
- Franklin County: Bernardston, Charlemont, Conway, Deerfield, Gill, Heath, Leverett, Montague, Northfield, Rowe, Warwick, Wendell, and Whately
- Hampden County: Blandford, Hampden, Holland, Ludlow, Monson, and Montgomery
- Hampshire County: Chesterfield, Cummington, Goshen, Granby, Hadley, Hatfield, Huntington, Middlefield, Northampton, Pelham, Plainfield, Westhampton, and Williamsburg
- Worcester County: Athol, Barre, Brookfield, Charlton, East Brookfield, Hardwick, Leicester, Mendon, Millville, New Braintree, North Brookfield, Oxford, Upton, and West Brookfield
Don't see your town listed? Interested in saving money? Call us for a presentation to your town government.
Please contact Lee Frankl, firstname.lastname@example.org, 413-584-1300 x-122 for more information.