As stated in its By-laws, the HCSBA:
- promotes the principles of town government,
- advances and protects the social and economic interests and rights of the Hampshire County towns,
- assists and supports the Massachusetts Selectmen's Association relating to all the towns in the state,
- obtains the benefits from personal association with others having similar ideals and responsibilities,
- is non-sectarian and non-partisan in its attitudes and procedures.
- President, Nancy Talbot, Ware
- Vice President, Alisa Brewer, Amherst
- Treasurer, Monica Vandoloski, Cummington
- Secretary, William Martell, Pelham
- At Large, Kenneth Elstein
Meetings are held four times per year, usually in March, June, September, and December.
Amherst, Belchertown, Chesterfield, Cummington, Goshen, Granby, Hadley, Hatfield, Huntington, Middlefield, Pelham, Plainfield, South Hadley, Southampton, Ware, Westhampton, Williamsburg, Worthington.
The Hampshire County Select Boards Association serves as a complement to the Hampshire Council of Governments. Certain responsibilities, like training of new Selectmen or interaction with our legislative delegations, that can be organized better by Select Boards. By cooperation, we can better serve the people who elect us.